Deploy to Azure Kubernetes Service ¶
This directory contains scripts and deployment files to help with the deployment, management and scaling of Ping Identity DevOps Docker Images to Microsoft Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS).
- You've already been through Get Started to set up your DevOps environment and run a test deployment of the products.
- You've created a Kubernetes cluster on AKS.
- You've created a Kubernetes secret using your DevOps credentials. See the For Kubernetes topic in Using your DevOps user and key.
- You've downloaded and installed the Azure CLI.
We also highly recommend you are familiar with the information in these AKS articles:
Deploy our fullstack example in AKS ¶
- Create an Azure Resource Group to put all resources into. Enter:
az group create \ --name ping-devops-rg \ --location westus
- Create an Azure AKS cluster. You'll create a 2 node cluster. You need a public certificate, by default in ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub. Enter:
az aks create \ --resource-group ping-devops-rg \ --name ping-devops-cluster \ --node-count 2 \ --enable-addons monitoring \ --ssh-key-value ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub
- Get the AKS Credentials into
az aks get-credentials \ --resource-group ping-devops-rg \ --name ping-devops-cluster
- From your local
pingidentity-devops-getting-started/20-kubernetes/02-fullstackdirectory, start our fullstack example in AKS. Enter:
kustomize build . | kubectl apply -f -
- To display the status of the environment, enter:
kubectl get all
- To clean up the environment, enter:
kustomize build . | kubectl delete -f -
- To clean up the Azure Resource Group and all associated resources, including the AKS cluster created, enter:
Caution: This will remove everything you created that is associated with this resource group.
az group delete \ --name ping-devops-rg