Release Notes ¶
DevOps Docker Builds, Version 2003 ¶
New Features ¶
The PingDirectoryProxy Docker image is now available. See the Ping Identity Docker Hub
The PingCentral Docker image is now available. See the Ping Identity Docker Hub
Docker Compose Port Mappings
We now support the Docker Compose best practice of quoting all port mappings.
Docker Images (Tag: edge)
We've built a pipeline to support nightly public builds of all Ping Identity Docker images using the
We've upgraded the PingDirectory Docker image to the current product version 220.127.116.11.
PingFederate Version 10.1.0
We've built a beta PingFederate 10.1.0 Docker image.
PingAccess Version 6.1.0
We've built a beta PingAccess 6.1.0 Docker image.
Ping Tool Kit
The Ping Tool Kit Docker image is now available. See Ping Identity Docker Hub. Both
kustomizeare supported in the image.
PingFederate Version 9.3
We've updated the PingFederate 9.3 Docker image to include the latest product patches.
The ping-devops Utility
We've added Kubernetes license secret generation, and server profile generation for PingDirectory to the ping-devops utility. See The ping-devops utility.
A New Hook
We've added a security start-up hook notifying administrators of keys and secrets found in the server profile.
DevOps Evaluation License
We've added retry functionality to attempt getting the DevOps evaluation license if the initial request fails.
Product Artifacts and Extensions
We've created operations to retrieve product artifacts and extensions using the DevOps credentials.
We've migrated all Alpine-based Docker images to Java 11 (Azul).
PingDirectory Replication Timing
We've added a profile and reference example to test PingDirectory replication timing. See the pingidentity-devops-getting-started Repo.
Docker Base Image Security
We've documented an evaluation of Docker base image security. See Evaluation of Docker Base Image Security.
Resolved Defects ¶
- (GDO-85) Resolved an issue where PingAccess 6.0 loaded a 5.2 license.
- (GDO-87) Resolved an issue where Data Console wasn't allowing users to authenticate (edge tag).
- (GDO-124) Resolved an issue in with pipeline where starting containers using Docker-Compose timed out.
- (GDO-89) Resolved an issue where
*.substtemplate files were able to overwrite the server profile configuration.
- (GDO-72) Resolved an issue where
motd.jsondid not parse correctly when the product was missing.
- (GDO-88) Resolved an issue where PingFederate profile metadata did not expand
hostname, breaking OAuth flows.
- (GDO-97) Removed WebConsole HTTP servlet from the baseline server profile. See the pingidentity-server-profiles repo.
- (GDO-42) Verified the ability to run our Docker containers as a non-root user. See Securing the Containers.